Quit Your Day Job
Everyone wants a piece of you. You, Subject Matter Expert, you! You, Experienced Educator, you! You have a fan base spanning into the hundreds. You’re widely sought after. In demand. You set the price.
You, my friend, are a ROCKSTAR!
Wake up from your dream. You’ll get there soon!
You have some work to get started. That’s what brought you here, right? You’ve been digging around the internet for information on starting your own tutoring business. You’ve been looking for ways to make your existing methods and practices more effective and gratifying.
You have a love and passion for students and you want to see them succeed! You also have some expertise which you’d like to market.
There’s no question that tutoring is right for you!
But You’re Wondering, “Where Do I Start?!”
- “How do I get my first client?”
- “How do I get more clients?”
- “How much should I charge?”
- “How do I effectively help students?”
- “What do I tutor?”
- “How do I know what to cover?”
- “How do I communicate plans and progress with parents?”
Let’s begin with the most important part – how to start and grow your business.
Build Your “Rockstar” Status
If you’re a subject-matter expert, it’s easy to address specific problems in a subject area – such as geometry or chemistry. But what about the students who struggle in multiple subjects? Who are disorganized? Suffer from test anxiety? Who hate school, in general?
Most parents don’t know where to turn. They are searching for answers.
Wouldn’t it be great if they could turn to you, you Rockstar Tutor!
Tutoring Is BIG Business!
According to FranchiseHelp.com, there are an estimated 74 million K-12 students in 2015. And, the global private tutoring market is projected to surpass $102.8 billion by 2018, according to a market-research study published by Global Industry Analysts, Inc. (GIA). Tutoring is an industry that is highly in demand and growing!
To differentiate yourself from your competitors, you can equip yourself with a fundamental set of skills. You will attract clients, and transform your students’ lives! These skills will be your sought-after secret and your students’ VIP backstage pass towards educational achievement!
More enticing, these skills provide almost immediate success. Because they are SO fundamental, they are easy to teach and applicable to every one of your students! Whether they are struggling in just one subject area, or many.
Shout-Out For 80/20!
Have you heard of the 80/20 Principle? 80/20 is simple, universal rule that governs our lives. This philosophy states that roughly 20% of our actions produce 80% of our results, or 80% of effects comes from 20% of causes.
For decades educators and psychologists noticed a common 80/20 pattern in traditional classrooms:
- 80% of students pass classes with “normal instruction.”
- Of the remaining 20% who do not pass, 80% will pass with additional assistance. Which means 20% will still struggle.
- Of those remaining 20% that continued to struggle, 80% will finally understand the information with alternative instruction.
- But, 20% will still struggle…. and the pattern continues.
Study Skills are the 80/20 in education, the 20% that has 80% of the impact. You can deliver the solution that so many parents are desperately seeking.
Tough Times Call For Tough Measures
Parents have tried everything and they need you now. You’re a Rockstar! Their children just aren’t getting it. Parents are frustrated and desperate to improve their students’ grades. Now, they’ve come to you for help. And they need you to lead them to success.
Don’t be intimated by the big-box tutoring establishments. You can accomplish more in less time, and be more valuable to the students and families you serve.
Most tutors and tutoring curriculum only put Band-Aids® on issues, targeting symptoms of one problem, in one subject-area.
Study skills cover the big picture… and represent a major gap in the tutoring industry.
Get In The Spotlight!
What if you were in such demand that you have groupies camping out, waiting for you? Okay, that’s probably not going to happen. But there is a different way that you could reach your groupies – er, students – and teach them a better way. This unique approach would ensure their success and drive your business.
This new way is a proven and reliable system that will allow you to guarantee results. This different, better system will increase your effectiveness. It will reach the students and make them more confident. And the parents will be happy to pay you because your way is making everything golden.
“I was getting C’s and D’s. Now I am getting A’s and B’s! I learned how to be organized and how to study…it has made such a difference!”
-Katie H., 11th Grade Student
A Tutoring Curriculum Done For You!
SOAR® Study Skills Tutoring Curriculum is your secret solution that will give you that number #1 hit, that platinum status. They provide an advantage over your competition; study skills are almost totally ignored in schools. The big box tutoring franchises claim they offer study skills, but their skills are “bulky,” very time-consuming and confusing for students.
How SOAR® Stays “Student-Friendly”
All SOAR® strategies must meet our strict, “student-friendly” criteria. All strategies must:
- Be effective… obviously! All of our strategies are aligned to the natural workings of the human brain.
- Be efficient! Students won’t bother with strategies that take a long time to implement; that works against the brain. Since our strategies are aligned to the natural circuitry of the brain, our strategies are as humanly simple as possible… literally!
- Apply across content-areas. If you go to the Big Box tutoring franchises or research study skills on the internet, you’ll find millions of tips and strategies. But, the vast majority are specific to one type of assignment or learning situation. Students can’t possibly determine when to use these strategies. When strategies are so specific, the only way students can discern the best one to use is if they understand the content very well. But if they understood the content that well, they wouldn’t need the learning strategy. So… that’s a problem! We solve this problem by presenting only basic learning and organizing strategies that apply across content areas.
SOAR® also sticks to the most fundamental skill areas that determine success. Topics covered include how to:
- Get organized. How to organize school papers, backpacks, lockers, and even a helpful chapter for easily organizing the bedroom.
- Manage time.
- Set goals.
- Determine priorities and plan accordingly.
- “Think forward.”
- Work with teachers.
- Read a textbook… in half the time with double the comprehension.
- Write papers quickly and with ease.
- Take notes effectively.
- Study for tests, without any anxiety.
- Take tests with confidence.
“Everything is practical and easy to do. Great tips! My son set up a SOAR® Binder and it is working for him!”
-Janet C., Elementary and Middle School Parent
“Kurt is more focused about his time management. The jar of priorities made a big impact on how he uses him time on a daily basis.”
-Lachele M., Middle School Parent
How Can SOAR® Support My Tutoring Business?
The Online App Includes:
- Interactive content and games
- “How-to” videos, illustrating strategies
- Fully narrated slides, for reading support
- Quizzes and assessments
- Badges and certificates awarded
- Easy access from any device
- All teacher support materials included
If you’re servicing more than 5 students, check out the SOAR Curriculum.
What Materials Are Included?
All curriculum packages include an optional license for a set of student workbooks and/or set of student app licenses along with our Multi-Media Teacher’s Guide:
SOAR® Multi-Media Teacher’s Guide
The Multi-Media Teacher’s Guide (MMTG) is a complete resource kit!
- Ready-to-go lesson plans.
- 240+ done-for-you slides with interactive visuals for guiding instruction.
- Multiple assessments.
- Clean, bright, colorful presentation. Great for visual learners.
- Additional online resources tie the SOAR strategies to the “real-world.”
- A lot of support! Comprehensive instructor support is included.
“The Teacher’s Guide is very user-friendly and convenient. My students like the language and identify with the skills they need to work on as they go through high school.”
– Meghan S., Intervention Specialist
“Thank you so much for this valuable resource! I’m teaching a new study skills course this yeawr. The (resources) you provide are invaluable. These materials are lifesavers… literally!”
– Deb P., Middle School Teacher
SOAR® Student Workbook
Our award-winning workbook guides students through the core strategies with practical application. Each section is written in a clear, succinct, and professional manner. The book includes many visual and diagrams to provide support for struggling readers and enriched examples for more advanced students.
“I was getting C’s and D’s. Now I’m getting A’s and B’s! I learned how to be organized and how to study… it has made such a difference!” – Katie H., 11th grade student
“I am reading chapters in my textbooks now! It’s really easy and really helps me study for tests!” – Keith Schwartz, 6th grade student
SOAR® Student App
The app covers the entire SOAR® Learning & Soft Skills workbook, presented as a self-guided course.
The Online App Includes:
✓ Interactive content/games, providing immediate feedback
✓ “How-to” videos, illustrating strategies
✓ Fully narrated slides, for reading support
✓ Quizzes/assessments, to ensure understanding of material
✓ Badges & certificates awarded for achievements
✓ Easy access from any computer or mobile device
Who Uses SOAR®?
SOAR® is in over 3,800 schools across the country and 34 countries, worldwide!
See our SOAR Map, with an updated list of schools using SOAR®.
What Does the SOAR® Curriculum Cost?
See curriculum licensing packages, here.
How Do I Get Started?
See our Implementation Guide for tips on getting started. The Implementation Guide provide tips on managing your schedule, pacing instruction, and suggests for getting staff on board.
Contact us! Our friendly curriculum consultants are on-hand and happy to answer your questions.