Dear Parents & Educators,
I used to struggle in school; I would study for hours for a test, then “bomb” it. My grades did not reflect my effort and I often gave up. I figured, “What’s the point of trying if I’m just going to fail anyway?”
Does this sound familiar?
As adults, we are frustrated to see our students and children wandering aimlessly through their schoolwork: losing assignments, poorly preparing for tests, and not working to their potential. Eventually, we see them develop a “bad attitude” and wonder how we can ever motivate them to do better in school.
Most students struggle in school because they don’t know how to study or organize themselves. The K-12 system is not built to teach these skills because national and state standards are based on content, not on processing. As we struggle to prepare students for a competitive global economy, they need to learn how to learn strategically.
Students use strategies: in sports, while playing video games, and even to “manipulate” their parents and teachers.
But, they don’t use strategies for schoolwork. That can easily change if someone steps in to help.
My life changed when I learned how to apply strategies to schoolwork! I was a new college student when I was finally introduced to “study skills.” Immediately, my grades skyrocketed to a 3.9 GPA…and I reached those grades in much less time than it took to get mediocre grades all through elementary, middle, and high school.
Since that time, I have been teaching, tutoring, and authoring programs designed to help students learn what I wish I had learned much earlier in life. These strategies are not rocket science nor are they time-consuming. They are simply…strategic!
School becomes much more interesting and motivating when a student can become a strategic player of the game, not just a bystander who is forced to do a “ton” of assignments they don’t want to do.
All of our programs are centered around empowering students to have more control over their academic and personal lives and be more successful. For more information, you are welcome to call us. We are a small company dedicated to making life easier for all of the parents, educators, and students with whom we work. That means a live person will answer your call during office hours and we will help you right away. (In the rare event that you have to leave a message, we’ll call you right back!)
What Susan has accomplished:
- Microsoft’s Partners in Learning University calls her a “Global Expert on Innovations in Education”
- Her book, SOAR Study Skills, has been the #1 world-wide best-selling study skills book for 5+ years.
- Her curriculum is in over 2,000 schools nationwide and in 14 different countries around the globe.
- She has received endorsements from Ned Hallowell, MD PhD, Oren Mason, MD, and L. Brooks Patterson.
- She has been honored with The Innovative Programs Award, from CHADD, the global association for ADHD.
- She has also received the “Adding Wisdom Award,” the ONLY award recognized by Disney.com.
- HowToLearn.com recognizes her as The Learning Expert in Study Skills.
- Many recognized news outlets regularly publish her articles (ABC, NBC, CBS, WSJ, etc.).
Learn more About Us.