How to Pace Instruction of SOAR® Curriculum
We often get questions about how to pace the SOAR® Learning & Soft Skills curriculum. Every teacher has a different schedule, but Susan provides some guidelines in this video:
In this video, Susan goes over how to customize the curriculum and manage the pacing by dividing available instruction time across sections of the program.
See our Pacing Guide for more detailed recommendations on how to schedule lessons for a variety of time parameters.
If you’re slim on time, use the student workbook as the core content. The chapters on “Writing Papers” and “How to Give a Presentation” are best used in conjunction with pre-established assignments in the curriculum. For these chapters, team up with other content-area teachers. The “How to Use Language Resources” chapter is for reference only, so it does not require additional instructional time.
If you need more material to fill your time, we recommend:
- Group discussions, guided & independent practice, and 1-1 meetings; click on How to Get Student’s Engaged page.
- Additional Resources, as posted in the Multi-Media Teacher’s Guide.
Educators: Implementation Tools
More information is available on the following pages:
- Planning for Implementation
- Schedule Options
- Curriculum Materials Needed
- Additional Supplies Needed
- How to Pace Instruction
- How to Get Students Engaged
- How to Get Parents & Other Teachers On Board
- Grade-Level Expectations (4-12th grade)
- Educators: Getting Started With SOAR
If you have additional questions, please contact us.
Free Study Skills
Includes: SOAR Curriculum Trial Plus Report: 3 Core Problems in Education (with Solutions!) Brian Biology of Learning Videos
"*" indicates required fields
SOAR® in the News
The SOAR® Curriculum
The most critical learning, organizing, and communication skills needed for school. Learn more here.