Welcome to Vicky & Jen Listeners!
I hope you enjoyed our interview as we discussed…
Simple Solutions for Summer Success
RESOURCES MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
We talked about several resources on the show so I have provided links for you below:
– www.TeacherTube.com – A wide assortment of educational videos that are presented in a “student safe,” on-line environment.
– www.BrainPop.com – A wide assortment of animated, curriculum-based content for students of all ages.
– www.makerfaire.com – For the innovative, creative inventors of your households, Maker Faire hosts weekly DIY episodes providing “how-to” lessons for a variety of mechanical contraptions.
Reading – Spelling & Decoding Program
– All About Spelling – For students who need remediation in spelling and/or decoding, this hands-on program is based on Orton-Gillingham (the leading method for teaching students with learning disabilities). It is a comprehensive, easy to follow program. The program is very straight-forward and would be easy for a high school or college-aged tutor to follow.
Handwriting Information & Curriculum
– Article: What Is the Greatest Predictor of School Success? This article explains the research that finds “transcription fluency” (AKA “handwriting”) to be the greatest predictor of school success.
– Video: Model of Perfect Learning This video illustrates my favorite handwriting program…and why it works so well. It’s a perfect model for all types of learning situations.
– Handwriting Without Tears – My handwriting curriculum of choice!
– www.citycreekpress.com – Practice math facts here.
Do you have any questions? Please feel free to email or call us. Our contact information is available here. (Be sure to let us know you heard us on Vicky & Jen’s show.) We will be happy to assist you!
Thanks for listening to What Really Matters and for visiting me here at www.StudySkills.com. I wish you much success!
Susan Kruger, M.Ed.
Mom & Author of SOAR® Study Skills
President of SOAR® Learning, Inc.
RL JL 020415
Six Steps to
Conquer the Chaos
Get Our Free Guide & Information on... How to Organize & Motivate Students for Success